Sunday, April 29, 2012

Doing it for...myself (and the bikini)


Since I got back from Costa Rica I have been really focusing on losing weight. Yes, again. A couple years ago I got on the scale at....I can't believe I am going to type this....152. Yep. It was painful. That was the biggest I ever got. But it was a turning point for me. I signed up for Weight Watchers and dropped 17 pounds. The smallest I got was 135. I felt like a million bucks. Then the holidays came (that's my story and I am sticking to it). I used it as my excuse to fall off the weight loss bandwagon. Little by little the weight came back. At some point I actually saw 152 on the scale again. Running helped a lot but without eating right I still wasn't seeing much progress. When I got back from Costa Rica I was motivated. That Thursday, April 29th, I got on the scale at 145.5. Since then I have gotten to about 138. Weekends are hard and as I type this I know the scale will not be my friend in the morning. All I am doing this time is counting calories. It is what works for me. It's really an easy concept....burn more calories than you consume and the weight will come off. I have a slight addiction to my scale but the only day I actually record is Thursday. So my plan is to write a post every Thursday to record my weekly weight loss and comments on how the week went.

Here is my progress so far:
Starting weight: 145.5
April 5, 2012: 141.5
April 12, 2012: 140.5
April 19, 2012: 139
April 26, 2012: 138

I have this dream that I will be at 135 by my birthday. It's not looking likely at this point but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment