Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ikea bookcase

A while back we headed over to Detroit for the day to hit up Ikea. We purchased this bookcase, 4 storage cubes, and picture frames for the dining room. I couldn't wait to put it together when we got home. Then I searched the house looking for accessories for all the cubies. I saw on Pinterest where someone took a bookcase and painted the back of it black. Ours doesn't have a back to it so I bought a cheap black curtain panel and super glued it to the back. I love how it looks. It adds so much interest to an otherwise plain piece of furniture.


For the frames, I used pictures from a coffee table book I found on sale at Barnes and Noble. Eventually I need to get something for the top of the bookcase....maybe a short long floral arrangement....but for now I love how it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment