Thursday, August 22, 2013

Veggie Pesto Pasta

I bought some pesto last week to make eggplant paninis and ever since, we cannot get enough. I saw some pesto pasta dishes on Pinterest and thought I would try that one night for dinner. So Sunday night I pulled a bunch of veggies out and started chopping. I had some leftover eggplant, squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and a little roasted red pepper. This was such an easy dish. I just boiled the noodles and set aside a little of the pasta water. Then I cooked the eggplant, zucchini, and squash in some oil with minced garlic. Then I added the pasta, some pesto, and a little pasta water (less than a cup). At the very end I threw in the halved cherry tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
 
We had leftover bread from the paninis so I put spaghetti sauce on them with mozzarella cheese and oregano and put them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up. This dish will quickly become a staple in our house. I love any dish that is light and is filled with fresh veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment