Friday, July 18, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! This week felt LONNNNGGG. Thank goodness it's finally here. We are going to grill out, work around the house, go to a baseball game, the farmer's market, and hit up our favorite bagel shop this weekend. What do you have going on?

1. We picked blueberries last weekend and came home with ten pounds! So what do you do when you have ten pounds of blueberries but do a search for the best blueberry muffin recipe. It did not disappoint.

2. I got a new laptop this week! Who's happy about it?...This girl! I had no idea how terrible my old one was until I got my new one. It even has a fingerprint scanner that I can use instead of having to log into all my accounts on all of my websites all over the web! I feel like I joined the 21st century!

3. I leave for the beach with my mom, sister, and grandmother in 12 days! I am so excited to get to Florida and soak up sun, seafood, and mojitos with my favorite girls!

4. I tried at home gel nails this week. I haven't tried it at the nail salon yet (I usually do my own nails) but though I would give it a try at home. Regular polish tends to come off after one shower but so far they are doing okay. I have had two showers and washed more dishes than I can count and there is just a little dulling on the edges. That sure beats how it would look with just regular polish. I used these:
5. How neat are these DIY placemats! We registered for wicker chargers from Pottery Barn but didn't get them. I think I need to make these instead!

Today I am linking up with The Farmer's Wife and Lauren Elizabeth.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a fun, relaxing weekend ahead! And that picture you posted about going on vacation...it's beautiful! I'm kind of jealous! :) I've wanted to go blueberry picking this year, but haven't got around to it. I would love to pick a bunch and freeze them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place mat looks so cute! I accidentally bought way too many blueberries the other day so I may have to make some blueberry muffins tonight, yours look so good!

    So jealous of your beach vacation, hope you have a fabulous time!

    Stopping by from the friday link up :)

    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link up. Ughh, I need a new laptop. What did you buy? I get so overwhelmed with all the choices. Need to try that blueberry recipe. We have been blessed with tons of blueberries from our plants this year.

    ReplyDelete