Tuesday, July 1, 2014

5 Things I Am Good At...

I was blog hopping the other day and ran across a great post...5 things I am good at! The next week she did 5 things she is bad at. :) I thought this was a great idea so I am "borrowing" it!

1. Cleaning - My husband will be the first to say that I am slightly OCD when it comes to cleaning. I am constantly cleaning our house. However, he has discovered that I have this thing called ADCD....Attention Deficit Cleaning Disorder. Basically I'll strike out to clean our kitchen and next thing you know I have wiped out all the cabinets, cleaned on top of the cabinets, and taken the range apart. A little ten minute project can turn into half the day! What can I say, I like a clean house!

2. Cooking - I am not all that creative at inventing new recipes but I can follow any recipe and love trying new meals! I haven't heard Dave complain about a meal yet! I'll try any meal once but if I discover it takes more than about an hour to make, it won't be a repeat in our house. I love cooking flavorful, simple, unique meals.

3. List Making - I get more accomplished when I have a list and plan for my day. Working from home, it could be so easy to get distracted with silly things (ex. spending a whole day looking at recipes on Pinterest!) and let my whole slip away. So I find that if I make a list for my day the night before when we are watching TV, I am better at getting things done.

4. Shopping - I can find a deal, coupon, special, etc. for most things. I don't enjoy digging through bins of chaos at a local store but I love watching for online ads and then striking out to scoop up a good deal. I can't remember the last time I paid more than $20 for a pair of jeans and I am always finding freebies at the grocery. I will splurge on something though if it is really flattering or I know it will get lots of use!

5.Traveling - I love to travel! From a day trip to Lake Michigan to a two week exploration of Europe and everything in between. If you are looking for a travel buddy, I am your girl. I get so excited planning our next great adventure and love to have a trip to look forward to on my calendar. Usually before I go anywhere I have scouted out the best deals on any place we might potentially want to check out (museums, shows, etc.) and have read yelp reviews for the best restaurants in town. I have made lists (see #3 above) and I am prepared for anything we might want to get into. I absolutely love to travel!

What are you good at? Do you love to travel or a desire to get a great deal shopping? Are you a slightly OCD, list making, cleaning fanatic like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment