Thursday, June 19, 2014

My 9 to 5: I Work From Home

Helene and Sarah are doing a link up this week so we can all share what we do for a living outside of blogging! What a great idea! I thought you might like to hear about what my day-to-day work life is like.


When I lived in Birmingham, I worked for my family's property management company doing accounting. I started working there right out of college and had varying jobs and tasks over the years. When we moved to Michigan, I quit the job, however we quickly discovered that there was plenty I could do remotely!

So now I work from home. I have a range of jobs that would probably bore you to hear but I mainly spend my days working with property managers all over the country, helping with computer programs, keeping up with property inventories, working on the website, etc. It definitely has its pros and cons. I love that I can work in my pajamas if I want and my dogs get to hang out with me all day. It's also great that I get to set my own hours. Some days I may work a full 9-5 while other days I may only work a couple hours or not at all. It all depends on what else I have going on. However, sometimes I can't put it down and I'll find myself watching television and working in the evenings when I should be spending time with my husband. It's all about balance though which I'll continue to master.

What do you do for a living? How did you get into that industry? 

http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2014/06/total-social-my-9-to-5-link-up.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you work from home! So wish I did! I wish I had more flexibility. Someday! I'm a CPA for a commercial real estate company and I do taxes :) Fun :-p

    ReplyDelete