Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WIAW

My breakfasts and lunches are the same old thing they always are (oatmeal and salads) so I hate to bore you with that. Instead I thought I would show you some of our dinners for the week.

Cajun shrimp pasta: This is one of my go-to meals. It's so flavorful, low carlorie, and filled with veggies. I have made it with chicken (the original way), veggies (double the veggies and leave out the meat), and now with shrimp. You can make it as spicy or mild as you like!

Feta, caramelized onion, spinach quesadillas: I kinda-sorta followed the recipe on this. I used what I had, left off what I didn't and customized it to our taste. If you'll notice we put black olives on EVERYTHING. It was flavorful and filled with veggies but a little messy to make.

Honey chicken kabobs, veggie kabobs, baked potatoes: Such an easy peasy meal. I marinaded the chicken for about two hours before Dave grilled it. They had just the right amount of flavor.

Italian wonderpot: This recipe is MIND BLOWING! Maybe I am new to the wonderpot thing but we both gave it two thumbs up! It was super flavorful and cleanup was easy. My only complaint was that we didn't use any fresh veggies in it, but I can change that up next time.
 

Fish tacos: I seasoned the fish with Tony's cajun seasoning and then we grilled it. We topped it with sliced avocado, black olives, and a blue cheese slaw. OMG yall. This was really good! We grilled corn to go with it.

This week's What I Ate Wednesday is definitely a little different then my last couple but hopefully it'll give you some new dinner ideas! Have a great day!
http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2014/06/what-i-ate-wednesday-176.html

3 comments:

  1. everything looks soooo good! I want to eat it all!

    also did you know you have word verification on? You can turn it off in settings--> posts and comments and turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the word verification thing! I didn't know! It should be off now. :)

      Delete
  2. Can i go eat at your house? Goodness, it all looks so good! Totally pinned a few of those. I'll be back on Sunday with a new This Week's Eats, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete