Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wedding - Invitations

When I found my invitations, it was love at first sight! I had been looking at all the popular online sites and went to a place in Birmingham that had everything I could want but the prices at these places were ridiculous! I love paper and beautiful invitations as much as the next girl but all I could think was when the wedding was said and done, I would be the only one holding on to the invitations and what a waste!

I have no idea how I came across WeddingBeDazzle but I am so happy that I did! They had a huge selection! I was able to find exactly what I was looking for! I was so happy that I didn't have to settle just to stay in budget. In fact, I was even able to get coordinating Thank Yous and envelopes and STILL stay in budget! I picked out what I wanted and ordered proofs. Then they emailed me the proofs to approve. I knew I was still taking a huge gamble....I didn't know anyone who had used this site and I had no idea what the quality of the paper would be like. Once we made a few changes to the invitation I told them to print.


I love the square invitations with the hand torn pearl deckled edging. I was also able to customize the invitation with the fonts, sizes, ink colors, etc. that I wanted. I carried the same ink colors, fonts, etc. throughout all the invitation pieces and even onto the thank you cards.

I came up with the response card wording based off some ideas I found on Pinterest. I feel like it adds a little uniqueness to them instead of the usual "will attend, will not attend" wording.

When I went to mail the invitations, I came across one little problem. They were considered oversized envelopes! This made postage a little more than I expected and there wasn't a standard stamp rate for that size and weight invitation. After some freaking out about how to handle the problem, I ended up having custom stamps made. They were a huge hit! I received so many compliments on the stamps!

Our invitations ended up being perfect! I feel like they really set the tone for the elegance of the day! They were high quality and the WeddingBeDazzle was wonderful to work with!


1 comment: